Wednesday 24 March 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donna Pescow in Brooklyn and Irina Ratushinskaya.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Confidential Clerk by T.S. Eliot was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Public Defender.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1954 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Donna Pescow in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Angie, Out of this World, Rainbow).
- Irina Ratushinskaya: Odessa, Ukraine -- Disident poet (Beyond the Limit).
- Robert Carradine in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Slim - The Cowboys, Wavelength).
- Robert Carradine: American actor-producer; the son of actor John Carradine.
- Cris Enehielm: Finnish artist, painter.
- Vince Jones: Australian jazz artist: a singer, songwriter, and trumpet/flugelhorn player. His music includes both original music and new contemporary versions of jazz standards. His themes are often love, inequity, injustice, peace and anti-greed.
- Donna Pescow: American actress and director
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?