Wednesday January 23, 2019
US date format: 1/23/2019, UK date format: 23/1/2019
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 23, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
Kung Fu Masters 3, directed by Chi Tian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while It's Not Supposed to Be This Way by Lysa TerKeurst was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Russian Doll.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 23, 2019?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Three residents of the U.S. state of Michigan are arrested at Gerald R. Ford International Airport for allegedly conspiring to support the Islamic State. (ABC News)
- 2019 Sebring, Florida shooting: A gunman kills five people at a SunTrust Banks branch in Sebring, Florida, United States, following a hostage situation. The suspect later surrenders himself to the authorities. (The Independent)
- A gunman kills five people at a SunTrust Banks branch in Sebring, Florida, United States, following a hostage situation. The suspect later surrenders himself to the authorities. (The Independent)
- The Diocese of Covington building in the U.S. state of Kentucky is evacuated after "suspicious" packages were reportedly found outside. Authorities cleared the building of threats later in the evening. (Washington Post) (USA Today)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Airlines, Too, Are Hit When Government Workers Are Grounded With the shutdown now more than a month old, carriers have lost more than $100 million in revenue, a number that doesn’t capture the shutdown’s broader economic effects. [..]
- BuzzFeed Plans Layoffs as It Aims to Turn Profit About 15 percent of its work force will be cut, or about 200 employees across the company’s departments, including the news division. [..]
- See all financial news of January 23, 2019