Friday December 25, 1970, Christmas
US date format: 12/25/1970, UK date format: 25/12/1970
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see zodiac on December 25, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Olivier Sitruk and Ghalid Salamat.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds was in the top 5 hits.
I Drink Your Blood, directed by David E. Durston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Greening Of America by Charles Reich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zollfahndung.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 25, 1970?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- The ETA releases Eugen Beihl.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 25, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on December 25, 1970?
On December 25, 1970 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is December 25, 1970?
On December 25, 1970 the zodiac sign was Capricorn.
Who was the US President on December 25, 1970?
On December 25, 1970 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on December 25, 1970?
On December 25, 1970 the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on December 25, 1970?
On December 25, 1970 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on December 25, 1970?
On December 25, 1970 several famous people were born including, Olivier Sitruk, Emmanuel Amuneke, Ghalid Salamat.
What was the number one song in December 25, 1970?
The number one song in the week of December 25, 1970 was My Sweet Lord by George Harrison in US and I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds in UK.
What were the top hits on December 25, 1970?
The top hits on December 25, 1970 were My Sweet Lord by George Harrison, One Less Bell To Answer by The 5th Dimension, The Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson in US and I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds, When I'm Dead And Gone by McGuinness Flint, Cracklin' Rosie by Neil Diamond in UK.