Wednesday 25 May 1988
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elle Fowler and Emzy255 .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to One More Try by George Michael.
In UK Perfect by Fairground Attraction was in the top 5 hits.
Killer Klowns from Outer Space, directed by Stephen Chiodo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while For The Record by Donald T. Regan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The D Generation Goes Commercial.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crosswize or Laser Squad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1988!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 May 1988 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Emzy255 : YouTube Star.
- Elle Fowler: YouTube Star.
- Hannah Rutherford: YouTube Star.
- JJ Hamblett: Pop Singer.
- Dávid Škutka: Slovak footballer.
- Cameron van der Burgh: South African swimmer.
- Ernst Ruska: German physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1988).
- PSV wins Europe Cup.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - One More Try
- Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams
- Gloria Estefan - Anything For You
- Samantha Fox - Naughty Girls (Need Love Too)
- Foreigner - I Don't Want To Live Without You
- Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Everything Your Heart Desires
- Rick Astley - Together Forever (Remix)
- White Lion - Wait
- Brenda Russell - Piano In The Dark
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?