Tuesday 25 May 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Justin Henry Rye in New York and Keith Hamilton.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Brown Sugar by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Kuroneko, directed by Kaneto Shind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Über ganz Spanien wolkenloser Himmel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Computer Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1971!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1971 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Justin Henry Rye in New York: USA; actor (Kramer versus Kramer, Sixteen Candles).
- Keith Hamilton: NFL defensive tackle (New York Giants).
- Alan Kline: NFL tackle (New Orleans Saints).
- Tim Kroeker in Chilliwack: British Columbia, Canada; 110 metre hurdler (Olympics-1996).
- Larry Thompson Canadian Football League/NFL wide receiver (Seattle Seahawks: British Columbia Lions).
- Stefano Baldini: Italian field and track champion, winner of a Gold Medal at the European Championship games in Budapest.
- Marco Cappato: Italian politician
- Justin Henry: American actor
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 May 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?