Sunday October 25, 1970
US date format: 10/25/1970, UK date format: 25/10/1970
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 25, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Adam Goldberg and Chely Wright.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Band Of Gold by Freda Payne was in the top 5 hits.
Scrooge, directed by Ronald Neame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Timeslip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 25, 1970?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- The wreck of the Confederate submarine ''Hunley'' is found off Charleston, South Carolina, by pioneer underwater archaeologist, Dr. E. Lee Spence, Cover Story: Time Capsule From The Sea ampndash ''U.S. News amp World Report'', July 2–9, 2007 then just 22 years old. ''Hunley'' was the first submarine in history to sink a ship in warfare.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 25, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- James Brown - Super Bad (Part 1 & Part 2)
- Charles Wright - Express Yourself
- Four Tops - Still Water (Love)
- Candi Staton - Stand By Your Man
- Wilson Pickett - Engine Number 9
- The Three Degrees - I Do Take You
- The Temptations - Ungena Za Ulimwengu (Unite The World)
- Freda Payne - Deeper & Deeper
- 100 Proof Aged in Soul - Somebody's Been Sleeping
Sport Games on October 25, 1970
- Boston Patriots - Baltimore Colts : 3 - 27
- Buffalo Bills - New York Jets : 10 - 6
- Cincinnati Bengals - Washington Redskins : 0 - 20
- Cleveland Browns - Miami Dolphins : 28 - 0
- Dallas Cowboys - Kansas City Chiefs : 27 - 16
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free