Tuesday January 26, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 26, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mia Rose and Henry Spink.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Need You Tonight by INXS.
In UK I Think We're Alone Now by Tiffany was in the top 5 hits.
Cop, directed by James B. Harris, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Mortal Fear by Robin Cook was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Hausmeisterin.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Famicom Wars or Insector X.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1988!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1988 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Henry Spink: British child with severe perplexing disabilities; he's the inspiration for the Henry Spink Foundation Although he wasborn after an easy labor and his post-natal tests showed perfect results, he showed signs of distress 24 hours after birth.
- Mia Rose: YouTube Star.
- Gary Hooper: Soccer Player.
- Dimitrios Chondrokoukis: Greek high jumper.
- Yukiyo Mine: Japanese softball player.
- Phantom of the Opera opens at Majestic Theater in New York City, New York for 4,000+ performances.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- INXS - Need You Tonight
- Tiffany - Could've Been
- Bangles - Hazy Shade Of Winter
- Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Roger - I Want To Be Your Man
- Got My Mind Set On You - George Harrison
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Candle In The Wind (Live) - Elton John
- Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart
Top #10 R&B songs
- Keith Sweat - I Want Her
- Kashif & Meli'sa Morgan - Love Changes
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Love Overboard
- Meli'sa Morgan - If You Can Do It: I Can Too!!
- Miki Howard - Baby, Be Mine
- Pebbles - Girlfriend
- Stephanie Mills - Secret Lady
- Michael Cooper - To Prove My Love
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam Featuring Full Force - Someone To Love Me For Me
- The Deele - Two Occasions
Top #10 Latin songs
- AY AMOR - Ana Gabriel
- SOY ASI - Jose Jose
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - Y TU TAMBIEN LLORARAS
- Jose Javier Solis - Me estoy volviendo loco
- Juan Gabriel - DEBO HACERLO
- Negra - Roberto Carlos
- LLUVIA - Eddie Santiago
- Beatriz Adriana - La luna sera la luna
- PETALO Y ESPINAS - Los Yonic's
- Brenda K. Starr - DESAYUNO DE AMOR
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?