Friday 29 January 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Tweedie and Tatyana Chernova.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Need You Tonight by INXS.
In UK Heaven Is A Place On Earth by Belinda Carlisle was in the top 5 hits.
The Unbearable Lightness of Being, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World Ninja War Jiraiya.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Earthlight or Eco.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1988!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1988 ?
- Scott Tweedie: TV Show Host.
- Tatyana Chernova: Russian heptathlete.
- Stephanie Gilmore: Australian surfer.
- Masaki Kaji: Japanese actor and singer.
- Shaleum Logan: English footballer.
- Largest NBA crowd-Boston Celtics at Detroit Pistons (61,938).
- United Airlines Boeing 747SP circles world in 36 hours 54 minutes 15 seconds.
- Canadian Ben Johnson breaks own 50-yard dash world record at 5.15s.
- Spectrum Holobyte introduces the Tetris computer game in the US. This is the first entertainment software imported to the US from the Soviet Union. The game was written by Vagim Gerasimov and Alexi Paszitnov at the Computer Center of the USSR Academy of Sciences in Moscow.
- The Midwest Classic Conference, a U.S. college athletic conference, is formed.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 January 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- INXS - Need You Tonight
- Tiffany - Could've Been
- Bangles - Hazy Shade Of Winter
- Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Roger - I Want To Be Your Man
- George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Elton John - Candle In The Wind (Live)
- Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?