Saturday January 30, 1988
US date format: 1/30/1988, UK date format: 30/1/1988
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 30, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Nick Demoura and Maksim Krychanov.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Need You Tonight by INXS.
In UK I Think We're Alone Now by Tiffany was in the top 5 hits.
The Unbearable Lightness of Being, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Great Depression Of 1990 by Ravi Batra was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Secret Life of Machines.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Jordan vs. Bird: One on One or Image Fight.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 30, 1988?
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 30, 1988?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- INXS - Need You Tonight
- Tiffany - Could've Been
- Bangles - Hazy Shade Of Winter
- Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Roger - I Want To Be Your Man
- George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Elton John - Candle In The Wind (Live)
- Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Keith Sweat - I Want Her
- Kashif & Meli'sa Morgan - Love Changes
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Love Overboard
- Meli'sa Morgan - If You Can Do It: I Can Too!!
- Miki Howard - Baby, Be Mine
- Pebbles - Girlfriend
- Stephanie Mills - Secret Lady
- Michael Cooper - To Prove My Love
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam Featuring Full Force - Someone To Love Me For Me
- The Deele - Two Occasions
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 30If January 30, 1988 is your birthday you're 32 years, 7 months, 27 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 4 months, 4 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?