Wednesday 26 May 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Stone and Jason Bere.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Brown Sugar by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Kuroneko, directed by Kaneto Shind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Throne Of Saturn by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Über ganz Spanien wolkenloser Himmel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 May 1971 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Matt Stone: American animator and filmmaker.
- Jason Bere: American baseball player, a pitcher with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Jacinta (singer)
- Darwin Ireland: NFL linebacker (Chicago Bears).
- Timothy Allen: British photojournalist.
- Zaher Andary: Lebanese footballer.
- Lewis Capes: WLAF defensive tackle (London Monarchs).
- Steven Rice in Kitchener: Ontario, Canada; NHL right wing (Hartford Whalers).
- John Longden: Actor (Man From Interpol), dies at 70.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?