Thursday 27 May 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Szeredy and Ferdino Hernandez.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Brown Sugar by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Kuroneko, directed by Kaneto Shind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Antagonists by Ernest K. Gann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Über ganz Spanien wolkenloser Himmel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or Computer Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1971!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1971 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Scott Szeredy: NFL / WLAF kicker / punter (Chiefs, Barcelona Dragons).
- Ferdino Hernandez: soccer player (FC Utrecht).
- Corey Beck: NBA guard (Charlotte Hornets).
- Salvatore Ficarra: Italian actor, comedian, television host, writer and director, known as a member of the comic duo 'Ficarra and Picone' (with Valentino Picone).
- Lisa Lopes: American rapper, singer, dancer, musician, and songwriter, better known by her stage name Left Eye.
- Paul Bettany: English actor
- Mathew Batsiua: Nauruan politician
- Wayne Carey: Australian footballer and coach
- Kaur Kender: Estonian author
- Glenn Ross: Northern Irish strongman
- Monika Schnarre: US actress (Bold and the Beautiful)
- Lee Sharpe: English footballer
- Sophie Walker: British politician leader of the Women's Equality Party
- Chips Rafferty: Actor (Kona Coast, Walk into Hell), dies at 62.
- UCLA wins NCAA basketball championship.
- 23rd Walker Cup: Great Britain/Ireland 13-United States 11.
- The Dahlerau train disaster, the worst railway accident in West Germany, kills 46 people and injures 25 near Wuppertal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Donny Osmond - Sweet And Innocent
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?