Thursday 20 May 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jonas Berqvist and Sandy Schreur.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Kuroneko, directed by Kaneto Shind, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Von Liebe keine Rede.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1971!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1971 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Jonas Berqvist: Angelhorn, Sweden -- Hockey forward (Team Sweden, Olympics - 1998).
- Sandy Schreur: Dutch soccer player (NEC).
- Niklas Andersson in Kungalv: Sweden; NHL left wing (New York Islanders).
- Sarka Kasparkova: Czech athlete.
- Samuel Etienne: French journalist, he hosted the TV evening news "journal" at 19:30 on France 3 and has presented the TV game "Questions pour un Champion" since February 2016, succeeding to Julien Lepers.
- Tina Hobley: English actress, best known for her long-running role (2001-2013) as feisty ward sister Chrissie Williams in the BBC medical drama, Holby City.
- Olga Peters: American noted family, the granddaughter of Josef Stalin, born to Stalin's daughter Svetlana Alliluyeva and U.S. architect Lesley Peters who were married 1970-1972.
- Tony Stewart: American race car driver
- Šárka Kašpárková: Czech triple jumper and coach
- Waldo Williams: Welsh poet and academic (d. 1971).
- Pentagon reports blacks constitute 11% of US soldiers in SE Asia
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Bread - If
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?