Wednesday 19 May 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ilse de Meulemeester and Léonard Vasco.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Big Jake, directed by George Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Stilwell And The American Experience In China, 1911-1945 by Barbara Wertheim Tuchman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Von Liebe keine Rede.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 May 1971 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Ilse de Meulemeester
- Léonard Vasco
- Psicosis : Mexican professional wrestler.
- Ross Katz: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Andres Salumets: Estonian biologist biochemist and educator.
- Darryl Morrison: NFL safety (Washington Redskins).
- Lori Ann Mundt in Yorkton: Saskatchawan, Canada; volleyball player (Olympics-1996).
- USSR launches Mars 2, 1st spacecraft to crash land on Mars
- Mars probe program: Mars 2 is launched by the Soviet Union.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Bread - If
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?