Wednesday 26 May 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 26, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Raajneeti, directed by Prakash Jha, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Pacific by Hugh Ambrose was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Passione.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 1001 Crystal Mazes Collection or Clones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 May 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 26 May 2010 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 May
- Art Linkletter: Canadian entertainer.
- Christopher Moran: British Air Chief Marshal (Born 1956).
- Kieran Phelan: Irish senator (Born 1949).
- Michael H Jordan: businessman and former CEO PepsiCo and CBS Corporation (Born 1936).
- Jarvis Williams: American athlete, a pro football player, he played with the Miami Dolphins (1988 to 1993) and the New York Giants (1994).
- NASA's Atlantis space shuttle lands at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida after completing its 32nd and likely final mission, delivering a Russian module and spare equipment to the International Space Station.
- More than 80 students are sickened in a girls' school in Kunduz, Afghanistan, in a poison gas attack suspected to have been carried out by Taliban assailants whose version of Islam is opposed to girls being educated. (''USA Today'')
- International Criminal Court judges tell the UN Security Council that the Sudanese government is protecting suspects wanted for war crimes in Darfur instead of arresting them to face trial. (''The Globe and Mail'')
- Jamaican police arrest more than 500 people after an unsuccessful attempt to arrest a suspected drug kingpin in Kingston, the capital, results in violence that leaves at least 44 people dead. (BBC)
- Two of Ethiopia's main opposition leaders call for a rerun of Sunday's elections won by Western-backed Meles Zenawi. They say the elections were not free and fair and that two politicians were killed by security forces. (Reuters)
- Brandenburg reaches level four on the disaster alert scale as water levels along the Oder and Neisse rivers continue to rise. (Deutsche Welle)
- Israel launches two night-time air strikes on the Gaza Strip in response to mortar attacks and the detonation of 200nbspkg of explosives laden on a donkey-cart next to the border fence. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas condemns Iran, saying his people were “hijacked, at the hands of the Iranians” possibly referring to Hamas's refusal to reconcile with Fatah on Iran's command by announcing on that it would boycott the Palestinian municipal elections (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- The chief rabbi of a West Bank settlement declares that women should be prohibited from standing in a local community election. (BBC)
- Lori Berenson is freed on parole after serving 15 years in a Peruvian prison for aiding the Túpac Amaru Revolutionary Movement. (BBC)
- Iraq announces the dissolution of state-owned Iraqi Airways over the next three years and the pursuit of private options to avoid asset claims made by Kuwait over their 1990-91 war. (Al Jazeera)
- The International Criminal Court reports Sudan to the United Nations Security Council for refusing to arrest former Minister Ahmed Haroun and militia leader Ali Muhammad Al Abd-Al-Rahman. (BBC)
- A Lusaka court convicts former Zambian Finance Minister Katele Kalumba of corruption and sentences him to five years with hard labour. Six other people, including former officials in the finance ministry, are also found guilty of corruption. (IOL)
- Two people are injured and several vehicles are destroyed during a blast in Kandahar. (Al Jazeera)
- Charles Djou is sworn into the United States House of Representatives, representing Hawaii's 1st congressional district. (Fox News)
- Elton John makes his Moroccan debut at the Mawazine festival in Rabat, ignoring calls for him to be banned by Islamists who feared he would offend public morals. (BBC)
- Virtual band Gorillaz are announced to replace U2 as headliners of the Glastonbury Festival 2010. (''The Times'')
- The Alaotra Grebe, a grebe endemic to Madagascar, is declared extinct 25 years after its last reported sighting. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Top #11 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Over - Drake
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
Top #10 Latin songs
- Guapa - Diego Torres
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Gitana - Shakira
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Muse - Uprising
- Phoenix - 1901
- Savior - Rise Against
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- Muse - Resistance
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Before employers take on new office space, they need to fill their “shadow space” — desks and offices left vacant by layoffs in the recession. [..]
Fearful of becoming the next Greece, European governments are lining up to demonstrate to investors, who have long helped finance their spending, that an era of austerity has begun. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $36.21
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $69.21
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $66.82
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.26
- 1 CHF = 5.8796 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.3746 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0841 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.611 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?