Friday June 26, 2009
US date format: 6/26/2009, UK date format: 26/6/2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 26, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, directed by David Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Relentless by Dean Koontz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Little White Lie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Art Academy or Burn Zombie Burn!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 26, 2009?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- See more
- The US House of Representatives passes the American Clean Energy and Security Act climate change bill, including cap and trade plan.
- President Manuel Zelaya of Honduras refuses to comply with a Supreme Court order demanding the reinstatement of Gen. Romeo Vásquez, the head of the country's armed forces, as part of an ongoing dispute over a planned referendum. (BBC)
- A bombing at a Baghdad market kills at least 13 people, and leaves dozens more wounded. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 26, 2009?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Drake - Best I Ever Had
- Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West & Ne-Yo - Knock You Down
- Young Money - Every Girl
- Jeremih - Birthday Sex
- Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain - Blame It
- Beyonce - Ego
- Pleasure P - Boyfriend #2
- Musiq Soulchild - sobeautiful
- Maxwell - Pretty Wings
- Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne - Always Strapped
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 26If June 26, 2009 is your birthday you're 11 years, 1 month, 17 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 10 months, 14 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- 2 G.M. Michigan Sites Said to Remain The state apparently won a three-state battle to be the site where G.M. will build a new small car. [..]
- Auto Supplier Said to Prepare for Chapter 11 The company, one of the largest makers of car seats, is preparing to seek bankruptcy protection as soon as next week. [..]
- See all financial news of June 26, 2009
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $69.67
- Apple AAPL: opens at $139.79
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $23.57
- General Electric GE: opens at $11.90
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $106.50
- 1 USD = 95.13 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.1532 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.0835 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.834 CNY
- 1 EUR = 133.91 JPY