Monday November 26, 2001
US date format: 11/26/2001, UK date format: 26/11/2001
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on November 26, 2001). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Family Affair by Mary J. Blige.
In UK Gotta Get Thru This by Daniel Bedingfield was in the top 5 hits.
Ocean's Eleven, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while Journey Through Heartsongs by Mattie J. T. Stepanek was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Harold and the Purple Crayon.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alcatraz: Prison Escape or Bass Strike.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 26, 2001?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- See more
- Nils-Aslak Valkeapaa: Finnish writer (Born 1943).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 26, 2001?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Daniel Bedingfield - Gotta Get Thru This
- S Club 7 - Have You Ever
- Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman - Somethin' Stupid
- Sophie Ellis Bextor - Murder On The Dancefloor
- Riva featuring Dannii Minogue - Who Do You Love Now (Stringer)
Top #10 R&B songs
Sport Games on November 26, 2001
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Schweinfurt - Ahlen : 4 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Crotone - Cosenza : 0 - 2
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Sp Lisbon - Boavista : 2 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $38.05
- Apple AAPL: opens at $19.94
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $64.99
- General Electric GE: opens at $41.45
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $115.90
- 1 USD = 124.1 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.5994 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.6628 CHF
- 1 EUR = 109.27 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.623 GBP