Saturday 27 February 1932
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dolf Zwerver and Lord Young.
Murders in the Rue Morgue, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1932!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1932 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Dolf Zwerver: Dutch painter.
- Lord Young: of Graffham; CEO (Cables and Wireless).
- Roger Boutry: French composer and orchestra conductor.
- Liane Daydé: French dancer; danseuse etoile and a star of the Paris Opera.
- Claude Lorius: French glaciologist, who is director emeritus of research at CNRS.
- Elizabeth Taylor: British-American actress, born in London to American parents residing in Britain. She learned ballet shortly after learning to walk and once performed before the Queen.
- David Young: Baron Young of Graffham English businessman and politician Secretary of State for Business Innovation and Skills
- William Southam: Canadian newspaper publisher (Born 1843).
- Explosion in coal mine in Boissevain, Virginia, USA (38 dead).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?