Tuesday 2 February 1932
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jens Thorsen and Robert Mandan in Clever.
Shanghai Express, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Magnolia Street by Louis Golding was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 February 1932 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Robert Mandan in Clever: Missouri, USA; actor (Chester - Soap, James - Three's a Crowd).
- Jens Thorsen: Danish director, producer and actor, primarily known for his work in porno and erotic films although he made some standard features as well; an artist and painter.
- Claude Puzenat: Boulogne-Billt EXecutives.
- Arthur Lyman: American jazz vibraphone and marimba player (Born 1932).
- Robert Mandan: American actor.
- Agha Petros: Assyrian nationalist leader (Born 1880).
- Al Capone sent to prison (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Geneva disarmament conference begins with 60 countries
- Grimmett takes 14 wickets vs. South Africa (7-116 & 7-83)
- Reconstruction Finance Corporation is organized in the USA.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?