Monday 1 February 1932
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Nott and John Hart.
Shanghai Express, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Sons by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 February 1932 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- John Nott: British MP.
- John Hart: Denver, Colorado -- Newsman (CBS News Retrospective, NBC News).
- John Hart in Denver: Colorado, USA; newsman (CBS News Retrospective, NBC News).
- Jan Ramberg: Swedish law professor, and arbitration court judge.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?