Monday 27 February 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include 6th Marquess of Bute and Geoffrey Maitland.
Mystery of the Wax Museum, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1933!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1933 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- 6th Marquess of Bute: Scottish large landowner / bibliophile.
- Geoffrey Maitland: Smith; CEO (Sears).
- Malcolm Wallop American politician (Senator-Republican-Wyoming: 1977-).
- Raymond Berry: American pro football player, wide receiver.
- Michel Royer: Poitiers EXecutives.
- Edward Lucie-Smith: British poet author and critic
- Nazis set fire to German parliament, blame it on Communists
- German parliament building, Reichstag, destroyed by fire (set by Nazis, blamed on communists).
- Germany's parliament building in Berlin, the Reichstag, is set on fire (see Reichstag fire).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?