Sunday 27 January 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 27, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gerard Aafjes and Dustley Mulder.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Like A Virgin by Madonna.
In UK I Want To Know What Love Is by Foreigner was in the top 5 hits.
The Breakfast Club, directed by John Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Heritage by Abba Eban was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast Forward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Flashgal or Jason's Gem.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 January 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1985!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1985 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
Famous Birthdays:27 January
- Doug Henning & His World... closes at Lunt-Fontanne New York after 60 performances
- 15th Space Shuttle (51-C) Mission-Discovery 3 returns to Earth.
- Hollis Stacy wins LPGA Mazda Golf Classic.
- Mark Mckoy cycles world record 50m hurdles indoor (5.25).
- NFL Pro Bowl: AFC beats NFC 22-14.
- Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) formed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Eugene Wilde - Gotta Get You Home Tonight
- New Edition - Mr. Telephone Man
- The Temptations - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Stevie Wonder - Love Light In Flight
- Kool & The Gang - Misled
- Paul Hardcastle - Rain Forest
- Midnight Star - Operator
- The Gap Band - Beep A Freak
- Madonna - Like A Virgin
- Diana Ross - Missing You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?