Thursday 14 January 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harold Wolpe and Frank Aletter in Long Island.
The Sea Beast, directed by Millard Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1926 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Harold Wolpe: sociologist lawyer/South African activist.
- Frank Aletter in Long Island: New York, USA; actor (Mac - It's About Time, Tom - Nancy).
- Thomas Tryon in Hartford: Connecticut, USA; actor/novelist (I Married a Monster from Outer Space, Cardinal, All That Glitters).
- Gegè Di Giacomo: Italian singer and drummer, nicknamed Gegè, who had a long collaboration with musician Renato Carosone.
- Frank Aletter: American character actor (Born 1926).
- Warren Mitchell: English actor and screenwriter (d. 2015)
- Tom Tryon: Hartford, Connecticut -- Actor (Cardinal, All That Glitters)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 January 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?