Saturday 27 July 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julian McMahon and Maria Grazia Cucinotta.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Grazing In The Grass by Hugh Masekela.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Asterix le Gaulois, directed by Ray Goossens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Goodbye Again.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1968!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 July 1968 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Julian McMahon: Australian model and actor who relocated to Hollywood, CA for fame and fortune.
- Maria Grazia Cucinotta: Messina Sicily, Italy -- Actress (Postman).
- Ricardo Rosset: Brazilian Formula One driver.
- Cress Williams
- Tom Goodwin (baseball)
- Jorge Salinas: Soap Opera Actor.
- Cliff Curtis: New Zealand actor and producer.
- Maria Cucinotta: Italian actress, a megastar in her native country and little known in North America, seen as the love interest of the postman in the Academy Award winning film "Il Postino.
- Tom Goodwin: Fresno, California -- Outfielder (KC Royals).
- Sabina Jeschke: Swedish-German engineer and academic.
- Carol Mann wins LPGA Supertest Canadian Golf Open
- Race Riot in Gary, Indiana.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- The Cowsills - Indian Lake
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?