Monday 1 July 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Wilson and Roshumba Williams.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to This Guy's In Love With You by Herb Alpert.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Senso, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Expert.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1968 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Charles Wilson: NFL wide receiver (NY Jets).
- Roshumba Williams: Chicago, Illinois -- Model (Bride).
- Jordi Molla: Spanish actor.
- Jordi Mollà: Spanish actor director and screenwriter.
- Fortuna Sittard soccer team forms in Sittard
- US, Britain, USSR and 58 nations sign Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.
- Formal separation of the United Auto Workers from the AFL-CIO.
- The CIA's Phoenix Program is officially established.
- The Nuclear non-proliferation treaty is signed in Washington, D.C., London and Moscow by sixty-two countries.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Look Of Love
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- Merrilee Rush - Angel Of The Morning
- Shorty Long - Here Comes The Judge
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- Friend and Lover - Reach Out Of The Darkness
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?