Wednesday 3 July 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Phillips in Westwood and Teppo Numminen.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to This Guy's In Love With You by Herb Alpert.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Senso, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Expert.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1968 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Jeff Phillips in Westwood: New Jersey, USA; actor (Hart Jessup - Guiding Light).
- Teppo Numminen: Tampere, Finland -- NHL defenseman (Winnipeg Jets, Coyotes).
- Petra Moroder: Italian freestyle swimmer who participating in the 1992 Olympics in Albertville.
- Jeff Phillips: American actor on stage and TV, a star on the afternoon series, "As The World Turns," and "Guiding Light.
- Jean-Christophe Rolland: French athlete, a world champion rower in the four-man coxless team in 1993 and winner of a Silver Medal in the Lucerne Regatta, 1996.
- Ramush Haradinaj: Kosovo-Albanian soldier and politician 4th Prime Minister of Kosovo
- Aku Louhimies: Finnish film director and screenwriter
- Cleveland Indians' Luis Tiant strikes out 19 Minnesota Twins players.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 July 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Look Of Love
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- Merrilee Rush - Angel Of The Morning
- Shorty Long - Here Comes The Judge
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- Friend and Lover - Reach Out Of The Darkness
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?