Monday 15 July 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Griffin and Julius Babao.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Grazing In The Grass by Hugh Masekela.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Senso, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Expert.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1968 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Eddie Griffin: American comedian.
- Julius Babao: Filipino journalist and talk show host.
- Stan Kirsch: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Shirley Robertson: Scottish sailor and sportscaster.
- Lura Anson: Dies in Woodland at 76.
- One Life to Live premieres on TV
- Commercial air travel begins between US and the USSR
- Soap opera One Life To Live premieres
- New Jersey Americans move to Comack and become New York Nets (ABA).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 July 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- The Cowsills - Indian Lake
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?