Sunday 27 December 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Holland in San Diego and Gerina Dunwich.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Heartaches By The Number by Guy Mitchell.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Jack and the Beanstalk, directed by Jean Yarbrough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Thirteenth Apostle by Eugene Vale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Radio rochela.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1959 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Mary Holland in San Diego: California, USA; WPVA volleyball player.
- Gerina Dunwich: American astrologer historian and author.
- Andre Tippett: NFL linebacker (New England Patriots).
- Alfonso Reyes: Mexican lawyer and diplomat.
- Baltimore Colts beat the New York Giants 31-16 in NFL championship game
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Bobby Rydell - We Got Love
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Fabian - Hound Dog Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?