Sunday 27 October 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adele Knutson and Frank Popoff.
Peter Ibbetson, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1935!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1935 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Adele Knutson: American astrologer and producer.
- Frank Popoff: Bulgarian-Amerian chemist and CEO in charge of Dow Chemical.
- Maurício Souza: Brazilian animation artist, the Brazilian counterpart of Walt Disney, the creator of the character 'Monica'.
- Frank Adonis: American actor and screenwriter.
- Maurício de Sousa: Brazilian journalist and cartoonist.
- Charlie Tagawa: Japanese-American banjo player and educator
- E A D Eldridge: British racing driver (Born 1897).
- SDAP and NVV launchs Plan for Work in Utrect Netherlands
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 October 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?