Thursday 17 October 1935
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sydney Chapman and Milkha Singh.
Hands Across the Table, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Vein of Iron by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1935!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1935 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Sydney Chapman: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned by General Election 6/11/1987.
- Milkha Singh: Runner.
- Michael Eavis: English farmer founded the Glastonbury Festival.
- Pacific Association of Amateur Athletic Union votes not to participate in Berlin Olympics.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?