Sunday 13 October 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philippine J Aeckerlin and Anna Morrow.
Hands Across the Table, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Vein of Iron by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1935!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1935 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Philippine J Aeckerlin: Dutch actress (Oh Venus, Daddy Longlegs).
- Anna Morrow: American author who claims in her book that she may be Dwight D. Eisenhower's illegitimate daughter in her book "A Case of Injustice" (1991).
- Etterlene DeBarge: American singer-songwriter.
- Bruce Morrow: American radio host and actor.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?