Sunday 28 April 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Paul Inchauspé and Sandrine Dumas.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I Will Follow Him by Little Peggy March.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
The Idiot, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Curd Jürgens erzählt....
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1963!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1963 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Jean-Paul Inchauspé: French banker, president of Bami (Banque Michel Inchauspé), a bank founded by, and named after, his father in 1970.
- Sandrine Dumas: French actress director and screenwriter.
- Lloyd Eisler: Canadian figure skater and coach.
- Marc Lacroix: Belgian biochemist and academic.
- Marilynn Smith wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship.
- 17th Tony Awards: Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum win.
- A general election is held in Italy.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 April 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Chantay's - Pipeline
- The Cookies - Don't Say Nothin' Bad (About My Baby)
- Paul & Paula - Young Lovers
- The Drifters - On Broadway
- Mongo Santamaria Band - Watermelon Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?