Monday 28 May 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Michael Tyler and Michelle Collins.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Nut Rocker by B Bumble & The Stingers was in the top 5 hits.
Lonely Are the Brave, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1962!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1962 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- James Michael Tyler: American actor.
- Michelle Collins: British television actress and presenter, best known for her various roles in soap operas.
- François Pinault: French businessman, son of François Pinault who founded the Kering Company.
- Brandon Cruz: American actor and singer.
- James Tyler: American actor.
- Suit alleging de facto school segregation filed in Rochester, New York
- Wide World of Sports with Chris Schenkel premieres on CBS radio
- US stock market drops US$20.8 billion in one day.
- Lawsuit alleging de facto school segregation filed in Rochester, New York.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 May 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Dion - Lovers Who Wander
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Brenda Lee - Everybody Loves Me But You
- Ernie Maresca - Shout! Shout! (Knock Yourself Out)
- Walter Brennan - Old Rivers
- Mary Wells - The One Who Really Loves You
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?