Friday April 28, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 28, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emily Rios and Martha Hunt.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Like A Prayer by Madonna.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
The Unbelievable Truth, directed by Hal Hartley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Breathing Lessons by Anne Tyler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast Forward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fire Hawk: Thexder - The Second Contact or Big Run - The Supreme 4WD Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 April 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1989!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1989 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Martha Hunt: Model.
- Emily Rios: Actress.
- Kim Sung-kyu: Pop Singer.
- Emil Salomonsson: Swedish footballer.
- Peechaya Wattanamontree: Thai model and actress.
- Olaff J de Landell [JB van Sparwoude]: Dutch writer, dies at age 77.
- Iran protests sale of Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie
- Argentina, hit by rocketing inflation, runs out of money.
- Pope John Paul II begins a nine-day trip to Madagascar, Zambia, Malawi, and Réunion.
- Andrés Rodríguez, who had seized power and declared himself President of Paraguay during a military coup in February, wins a landslide election in a general election marked by charges of fraud.
- Disney-MGM Studios at Walt Disney World opens to the public for the first time.
- The first crack in the Iron Curtain: Hungary dismantles of barbed wire fencing along the border with Austria.
- The coalition government of Prime Minister of the Netherlands Ruud Lubbers collapses in a dispute about a pollution cleanup plan.
- Yugoslavia wins the Eurovision Song Contest in Lausanne with the song ''Rock me'' performed by Riva.
- Magnum XL-200 opens at Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio as the world's tallest and fastest roller coaster.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 Latin songs
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- ES EL AMOR QUE LLEGA - Ana Gabriel
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
- Vete Con Ella - Lucerito
- Aprendere - Ednita Nazario
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- QUE ESPERABAS DE MI - Rocio Durcal
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?