Monday December 28, 1970
US date format: 12/28/1970, UK date format: 28/12/1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 28, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Elaine Hendrix and Brenda Schultz.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds was in the top 5 hits.
I Drink Your Blood, directed by David E. Durston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Caravan To Vaccares by Alistair MacLean was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zollfahndung.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 28, 1970?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Lovely Ladies, Kind Gentlemen opens at Majestic NYC for 19 performances
- Yemen Arab Republic (North Yemen) adopts constitution.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 28, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Van Morrison - Domino
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
Top #8 songs in the UK
Top #7 R&B songs
- King Floyd - Groove Me
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - If I Were Your Woman
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Chairman Of The Board - Pay To The Piper
- Aretha Franklin - Border Song (Holy Moses)/You And Me
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - The Tears Of A Clown
- Curtis Mayfield - (Don't Worry) If There's A Hell Below We're All Going To Go
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next December 28If December 28, 1970 is your birthday you're 49 years, 9 months old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on December 28, 1970?
On December 28, 1970 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is December 28, 1970?
On December 28, 1970 the zodiac sign was Capricorn.
Who was the US President on December 28, 1970?
On December 28, 1970 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on December 28, 1970?
On December 28, 1970 the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on December 28, 1970?
On December 28, 1970 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on December 28, 1970?
On December 28, 1970 several famous people were born including, Elaine Hendrix, Brenda Schultz, Francesca Le.
Which famous people died on December 28, 1970?
Famous people died on December 28, 1970 include, Charles "Sonny" Liston, L Mendel Rivers.
What was the number one song in December 28, 1970?
The number one song in the week of December 28, 1970 was My Sweet Lord by George Harrison in US and I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds in UK.
What were the top hits on December 28, 1970?
The top hits on December 28, 1970 were My Sweet Lord by George Harrison, One Less Bell To Answer by The 5th Dimension, Knock Three Times by Dawn in US and I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds, Grandad by Clive Dunn, When I'm Dead And Gone by McGuinness Flint in UK.