Saturday 28 December 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Darrick Brownlow and Jennifer Palmquest in Wilmot.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrecking Crew, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Between Parent And Child by Haim G. Ginott was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der alte Richter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 28 December 1968 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Darrick Brownlow: NFL linebacker (Washington Redskins).
- Jennifer Palmquest in Wilmot: South Dakota, USA; Miss South Dakota-America (1991).
- Jozef Dano in Skalica: Czechoslovakia; hockey forward (Team Slovakia 1998).
- Akihiko Hoshide: Japanese engineer and astronaut.
- KVOF (KUDO, now KWBB) TV channel 38 in SF, CA (IND) 1st broadcast
- Israeli assault on Beirut Airport.
- 100,000 attend Miami Pop Festival, Florida.
- 57th Davis Cup: USA beats Australia in Adelaide (4-1).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
- The Temptations - Cloud Nine
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?