Saturday 15 August 1953US date format: 8/15/1953, UK date format: 15/8/1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1953). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Komilla Sutton and Mark Thatcher.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
I Vitelloni, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while This I Believe by Edward R. Murrow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Broken Horseshoe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1953
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1953 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Komilla Sutton: Indian astrologer, co-founder of the...
- Mark Thatcher: British noted family, the first born of...
- Carol Thatcher: English journalist and author.
- Daniel Petrocelli
- Daniel Petracelli: American attorney representing the...
- Ludwig Prandtl: German physicist, considered to be the...
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?