Saturday 25 August 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 25, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Adnot and Roland Romeyer.
State Fair, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 August 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1945 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Philippe Adnot
- Roland Romeyer
- Vince McMahon: Entertainer.
- Ken Hensley: Musician.
- Daniel Hulet: Belgian cartoonist.
- Hannah Shearer: American screenwriter and producer.
- John Birch: American intelligence officer and missionary (Born 1918).
- Jewish immigrants are permitted to leave Mauritius for Palestine.
- Ten days after World War II ends with Japan announcing its surrender, armed supporters of the Communist Party of China kill Baptist missionary John Birch, regarded by some of the American right as the first victim of the Cold War.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- On The Atcheson, Topeka, and the Santa Fe - Tommy Tucker & His Orchestra
- Perry Como - (Did You Ever Get) That Feeling in the Moonlight
- Ella Fitzgerald & Delta Rhythm Boys - It's Only a Paper Moon
- Hoagy Carmichael - Hong Kong Blues