Saturday 28 May 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John McGeoch and Jennifer Carey.
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Year Itch, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sam and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1955 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- John McGeoch: Scottish guitarist (Siouxsie and the Banshees, Public Image Ltd.
- Jennifer Carey: American athlete, an Olympic champion swimmer, she won the gold for the 400m freestyle relay in 1972 in Munich.
- Mark Howe: American-Canadian professional ice hockey player and noted family, his dad is hockey player Gordie Howe.
- Laura Schlitz: American author and librarian.
- Bob Sweikert wins Indianapolis 500 with an average speed of 128.213 mph.
- Fay Crocker wins LPGA Wolverine Golf Open.
- 81st Preakness: Eddie Arcaro aboard Nashua wins in 1:54.6.
- Henry Bolte becomes Premier of the Australian state of Victoria.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?