Tuesday 28 May 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kirk Gibson in Michigan and Walter R.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
20 Million Miles to Earth, directed by Nathan Juran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Date with the Angels.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1957 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Kirk Gibson in Michigan: USA; outfield (Detroit Tigers, Brooklyn Dodgers, 1988 National League Most Valuable Player).
- Walter R: Tucker; American politician (Representative-Democrat-California).
- Mona Riegger: German professional astrologer, astrology instructor (Ausbildungszentrum Berlin), active and certified member of the 'Deutscher Astrologen Verband/DAV, author.
- Colin Barnes: English footballer.
- Kirk Gibson: American baseball player and manager.
- Ben Howland: American basketball player and coach
- WPSD TV channel 6 in Paducah, KY (NBC) begins broadcasting
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 May 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?