Saturday 28 May 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Isabelle Antena and Raoul Meyer.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
Pollyanna, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The Night They Burned The Mountain by Thomas A. Dooley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching An Age of Kings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1960!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1960 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Isabelle Antena: French singer and songwriter, notable as a pioneer of bossa nova and samba-inflected nu jazz and electropop.
- Raoul Meyer: Italian race car driver and a husband of Brigitte Nielsen.
- Mark Sanford: 115th Governor of South Carolina and Member of the U.S.
- Mary Portas: English journalist and author.
- Greenwillow closes at Alvin Theater NYC after 95 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Johnny Preston - Cradle Of Love
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
- Billy Bland - Let The Little Girl Dance
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?