Wednesday 18 May 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Jackson in Oakville and Jari Kurri in Helsinki.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Stuck On You by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Pollyanna, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching An Age of Kings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1960!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1960 ?
- Tom Jackson in Oakville: Ontario, Canada; Canadian Tour golfer (1991 CPGA Winter).
- Jari Kurri in Helsinki: Finland; NHL left wing (New York Rangers, Los Angeles Kings, Colorado Avalanche).
- Das Goravani: Vedic astrologer and programmer, makes videos, music and writes, all about being a human aware of God.
- Dóris Giesse: Brazilian model, dancer, actress, and journalist.
- Yannick Noah: French tennis player, a pro from 1977 to1990, winning Roland Garros in 1984, and then pop singer.
- Brent Ashton: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Jari Kurri: Finnish ice hockey player coach and manager
- Eillen Fulton begins playing Lisa on As the World Turn (for over 30 yrs)
- Jean Genets Le Balcon, premieres in Paris
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 May 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Billy Bland - Let The Little Girl Dance
- Johnny Preston - Cradle Of Love
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?