Friday 6 May 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Parillaud and Roma Downey.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Stuck On You by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Sons and Lovers, directed by Jack Cardiff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Grant Moves South by Bruce Catton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der schwarze Kanal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1960 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Anne Parillaud: French actress, who has appeared in 30 films since 1977.
- Roma Downey: Northern Irish actress.
- Jean-Guy Talamoni: French lawyer and politician claiming Corsican nationality.
- Larry Steinbachek: rock synthesizer (Bronski Beat - "Smalltown Boy").
- John Flansburgh: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (They Might Be Giants and Mono Puff).
- Bart de: Boer; Dutch guitarist (Ivy Green).
- Aleksei Lotman: Estonian biologist and politician.
- Julianne Phillips in Lake Oswego: Oregon, USA; actress (Frankie Reed - Sisters).
- Phyllis Treigle: American soprano.
- Lyudmila Andonova: Bulgarian high jumper.
- Keith Dowding: English political scientist philosopher and academic.
- Paul Abraham: Hungarian Composer (Blume von Hawaii), dies at 67.
- English Prince Margaret marries Antony Armstrong-Jones (Lord Snowdon)
- President Eisenhower signs Civil Rights Act of 1960
- Students attack Dutch embassy in Djakarta.
- US President Dwight Eisenhower signs Civil Rights Act of 1960.
- President of the United States Dwight D. Eisenhower signs the Civil Rights Act of 1960 into law.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- The Browns - The Old Lamplighter
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Johnny Preston - Cradle Of Love
- Billy Bland - Let The Little Girl Dance
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bill Black's Combo - White Silver Sands
- Barrett Strong - Money (That's what I want)
- Jackie Wilson - Doggin' Around
- Marv Johnson - I Love The Way You Love
- Buster Brown - Fannie Mae
- Rosco Gordon - Just A Little Bit
- The Madison Time - Part I - Ray Bryant Combo
- Dinah Washington & Brook Benton - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Wade Flemons - Easy Lovin'
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?