Tuesday 17 May 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fiona Hutchison in Miami and Catherine Libault.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Stuck On You by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Pollyanna, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching An Age of Kings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1960!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1960 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Fiona Hutchison in Miami: Florida, USA; actress (One Life to Live, Guiding Light).
- Catherine Libault: French homicide; poisoned her two children and then committed suicide 9/15/1986 Nantes.
- Lou DiBella: American boxing promoter actor and producer.
- Simon Fuller: Cypriot-English talent manager and producer created the Idols series.
- 1st atomic reactor system patents, J W Flora of Canoga Park, California
- First atomic reactor system to be patented, JW Flora, Canoga Park, California, USA.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 May 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Billy Bland - Let The Little Girl Dance
- Johnny Preston - Cradle Of Love
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?