Thursday 28 April 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Walter Zenga and Elena Kagan.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Stuck On You by Elvis Presley.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Rickshaw Man, directed by Hiroshi Inagaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Meyer Berger'S New York by Meyer Berger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching An Age of Kings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1960!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 April 1960 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Walter Zenga: Italian soccer-football player with the Italian national team.
- Elena Kagan: American lawyer and jurist.
- Bruno Germain
- Ian Rankin: Scottish crime writer, best known for his Inspector Rebus novels, set in Edinburgh.
- Steven Blum: Voice Actor.
- Phil King: Rock (Blue Oyster Cult), shot in head at 24 while gambling.
- Jón Sigmarsson: Icelandic strongman and weightlifter (d. 1993).
- Wally Langdon: bassist (Bob Color).
- Jon Pall Sigmarsson: Icelandic strength athlete (d. 1993).
- Marc François: French actor and director, who committed suicide on 12 September 2006 in Paris.
- John Cerutti: American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 2004).
- Anton Pancake: astronomer/marxist theorist, dies at age 87.
- Christine opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 12 performances
- WIPM TV channel 3 in Mayaguez, PR (PBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- The Browns - The Old Lamplighter
- Bill Black's Combo - White Silver Sands
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?