Monday 29 April 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 29, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Day-Lewis and Timothy Treadwell.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
Desk Set, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Profiles In Courage by John F. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1957 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Daniel Day-Lewis: British-Irish actor.
- Timothy Treadwell: American ecologist and environmentalist (d. 2003).
- Francis Temperville: French nuclear engineer and spy.
- Patrick Kanner
- Richie C Robertson: Rock bassist / vocalist (Fabulous Poodles).
- Sofia Sakorafa: Greek javelin thrower and politician.
- Birgitte Sondergaard: Swedish actress, TV host and author.
- Geoffrey Gould: American actor.
- Mark Kendall: American guitarist and songwriter (Great White).
- Otallo Morales: Composer, dies at 82.
- 1st military nuclear power plant dedicated, Fort Belvoir, Virginia
- First military nuclear power plant dedicated, Fort Belvoir, Virginia, USA.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?