Tuesday 2 January 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andre Ameller and Anna Lee.
The Doll, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Street Called Straight by Basil King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1912 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Andre Ameller: Composer.
- Anna Lee: Ightham, England -- Actress (Scruples, Lila- General Hospital).
- Barbara Pentland: Winnipeg, Manitoba -- Composer.
- Renato Guttuso Italian painter (The Flight from Etna: Crucifixion).
- Osvaldo Morales Sanabria: Better known as Noro Morales, he was a pianist, composer and conductor of dance.
- Henri Vincenot: French writer, painter, and sculptor.
- André Ameller: Arnavilla Musician
- Pierre Barbier: Brinon sur Beuvron physician
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Oceanna Roll - Arthur Collins
- Make Me Love You Like I Never Loved Before - That Girl Quartet
- They Always Pick on Me - Ada Jones
- Nut Cracker Ballet-Characteristic Dance - Arthur Pryor's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?