Friday 29 April 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John VanderWal in Grand Rapids and Marie Plourde.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Good Lovin' by Young Rascals.
In UK Somebody Help Me by The Spencer Davis Group was in the top 5 hits.
Arabesque, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Games People Play by Eric Berne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Court Martial.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1966!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1966 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- John VanderWal in Grand Rapids: Michigan, USA; outfielder (Colorado Rockies).
- Marie Plourde: Canadian journalist.
- Phil Tufnell: English cricketer and radio host.
- William Eccles: British physicist and radio pioneer (Born 1875).
- U.S. troops in Vietnam total 250,000.
- Regular hovercraft service begins over the English Channel (discontinued in 2000 due to the Channel Tunnel).
- The Church of Satan is formed by Anton Szandor LaVey in San Francisco
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- The Outsiders - Time Won't Let Me
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- Herman's Hermits - Leaning On The Lamp Post
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?