Tuesday 29 December 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 29, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kevin Weisman and Glen Phillips.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
I Drink Your Blood, directed by David E. Durston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Passenger To Frankfurt by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zollfahndung.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 December 1970
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1970!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1970 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Kevin Weisman: American actor.
- Glen Phillips: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Toad the Wet Sprocket and Works Progress Administration).
- Yaroslav Ihorovych Pustovyi in Kostroma: Ukraine; cosmonaut.
- Dallas Austin: Music Producer.
- Aled Jones: Welsh singer and television host.
- Hidetoshi Mitsusada: Japanese race car driver.
- Marie Menken: American experimental filmmaker and socialite (Born 1909).
- U.S. President Richard Nixon signs into law the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- In Viscaya, Spain, Basque county, 15,000 go on strike to protest the Burgos trial death sentences.
- Francisco Franco commutes the death sentences of the Burgos Trial defendants to 30 years in prison.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- One Less Bell To Answer - The 5th Dimension
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The Tears Of A Clown - Smokey Robinson
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- Stoned Love - The Supremes
- Domino - Van Morrison
- Gypsy Woman - Brian Hyland
Top #10 R&B songs
- Groove Me - King Floyd
- If I Were Your Woman - Gladys Knight And The Pips
- Stoned Love - The Supremes
- Pay To The Piper - Chairman Of The Board
- Border Song (Holy Moses)/You And Me - Aretha Franklin
- The Tears Of A Clown - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
- Curtis Mayfield - (Don't Worry) If There's A Hell Below We're All Going To Go
- Are You My Woman? (Tell Me So) - The Chi-lites
- The Moments - All I Have
- (Do The) Push And Pull Part I - Rufus Thomas
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?