Tuesday 29 December 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yaroslav Ihorovych Pustovyi in Kostroma and Dallas Austin.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds was in the top 5 hits.
Sometimes a Great Notion, directed by Paul Newman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Theatergarderobe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1970!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1970 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Yaroslav Ihorovych Pustovyi in Kostroma: Ukraine; cosmonaut.
- Dallas Austin: Music Producer.
- Aled Jones: Welsh singer and television host.
- Hidetoshi Mitsusada: Japanese race car driver.
- Glen Phillips: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Toad the Wet Sprocket and Works Progress Administration).
- Kevin Weisman: American actor
- Marie Menken: American experimental filmmaker and socialite (Born 1909).
- U.S. President Richard Nixon signs into law the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- In Viscaya, Spain, Basque county, 15,000 go on strike to protest the Burgos trial death sentences.
- Francisco Franco commutes the death sentences of the Burgos Trial defendants to 30 years in prison.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Van Morrison - Domino
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?