Tuesday 8 December 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Me Me and Emi Wakui.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson.
In UK Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort was in the top 5 hits.
Little Big Man, directed by Arthur Penn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Passenger To Frankfurt by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Levaci.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1970!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1970 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
Famous Birthdays:08 December
- Christopher K Ingold: English chemist, dies at age 77.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- Badfinger - No Matter What
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- The Guess Who - Share The Land
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?