Thursday 29 September 1977
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Barton and Wade Brookbank.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band (Medley) by Meco.
In UK Way Down by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Bilitis, directed by David Hamilton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glenview High.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Basic Math or Boot Hill.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1977!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1977 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Eric Barton: American football player.
- Wade Brookbank: Canadian ice hockey player and scout.
- Debelah Morgan: American singer-songwriter.
- Jake Westbrook: American baseball player.
- Alexander Nikolayevich Tcherepnin: Russian composer, dies at 78.
- Star Wars Theme / Cantina Band, by Meco hits #1
- Eva Shain is 1st woman to referee a heavyweight championship
- Peter Schats circus opera Houdini, premieres in Amsterdam
- Soviet space station Salyut 6 is launched into Earth orbit.
- Muhammad Ali wins a unanimous, 15-round decision over Earnie Shavers.
- The modern Food Stamp Program begins when the Food Stamp Act of 1977 is enacted.
- Energy Research and Development Administration part of Department of Energy.
- Pelé plays his final professional football game as a member of the New York Cosmos.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band (Medley) - Meco
- KC and the Sunshine Band - Keep It Comin' Love
- Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- The Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23
- Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better
- Electric Light Orchestra - Telephone Line
- Shaun Cassidy - That's Rock 'N' Roll
- Foreigner - Cold As Ice
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?